Maintenance and repair
Despite Devastating Effects on the Broader Economy, Pandemic Has Been a Boon for US Home Improvement Joint Center for Housing Studies
Gardening is the type of home improvement up the most, but the projects range all over the home, inside and out. First Home Improvements is a FENSA approved double glazing installer, with an extensive list of accreditations to ensure a high quality installation with great customer service for peace of mind. A landscaping company or handyperson can install an irrigation drip system to keep your plants watered on a timer. Or let a professional hang canopy shade sails overhead to keep you protected and cool in the midday sun. A fountain or other garden water feature creates a Zen ambience. Also, “remove screen doors or storm doors, since that’s just another barrier to accessibility,” she says.
- Cleaning pet toys can sometimes be as simple as popping them in the dishwasher, but follow the manufacturer’s instructions to be safe.
- For years, I worshipped these shows, and I became a believer in the power of open-concept floor plans, barn doors, industrial sinks, and accent walls to transform a house into a home.
- The married home improvement gurusChip and Jo Gaines work together to balance their family life with their passion for turning old, outdated buildings into exciting and innovative homes.
- Larger projects such as loft conversions, converting a garage or adding a conservatory may reap high rewards if you have the time and money.
- One of our team will be on hand to guide you through the range of options available, which also includes bifold doors, conservatories, orangeries and more.
Upgrading your home doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated, and it doesn’t have to involve contractors. A variety of projects for all price ranges and levels of skill and enthusiasm can improve House & Home Improvement your home’s value, whether for future buyers or, perhaps more important, for you. If washing the exterior of your home didn’t brighten it up as much as you’d hoped, consider a new paint job.
Is said by the writer Vitruvius to have invented the hypocaust. The hypocaust is an underfloor heating system that was used throughout the Roman Empire in villas of the wealthy. He is said to have become wealthy himself by buying villas at a low price, adding spas and his newly invented hypocaust, and reselling them at higher prices. Insulating an attached garage has some special considerations that you must address differently then a unattached garage.
Remodel the bathroom
Replace seriously damaged windows that may threaten future remodeling work. If not seriously damaged, leave the window repair or replacement for later in the process. It’s important to understand what you’re getting into when you choose a whole home renovation. A look at the elements of a major home renovation will give you a sense of what’s involved and help you effectively plan your projects. Lee has over two decades of hands-on experience remodeling, fixing, and improving homes, and has been providing home improvement advice for over 13 years. The range of home improvements runs from the very small cosmetic improvements to the major structural home improvements.
“As soon as COVID hit, we needed someplace the kids could play,” Buhr says, noting that neighborhood parks were closed. “So we put a playhouse down first and then found the kids liked it so much that we went ahead and built a living room. And then my wife needed the space to work.” In the Brookside neighborhood in central Kansas City, Mo., John Buhr has do-it-yourself projects going from top of the garage to the basement.