World Health Organization WHO
Legislation Acts regulating drugs, healthcare professionals, medical practices, research and more. Disease Updates Overview of Diseases Learn more about the various infectious diseases that Singapore has overcome. Now that you’re signed up, we’ll send you deadline reminders, plus tips about how to get enrolled, stay enrolled, and get the most from your health insurance. Some features, applications, and services may not be available in all regions or all languages. The Cycle Tracking app and predicted fertile windows should not be used as a form of birth control or to support conception.
- You can receive an alert if there is a critical interaction with medications you’re taking, which can make a medication less effective or cause unexpected and potentially dangerous side effects.
- Each section shows the recommended intake for each food group (i.e., protein, fat, carbohydrates and sugars).
- President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition Learn how the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition works to motivate people of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities to lead active, healthy lives.
- Heart disease is one of the leading causes of death in Indonesia.
- Progress has been limited to many objectives, leading to concerns about the effectiveness of Healthy People in shaping outcomes in the context of a decentralized and uncoordinated US health system.
Guidelines from NIH for the diagnosis, treatment, and control of COVID-19. A public-private partnership to develop a coordinated research strategy to speed the most promising Health News COVID-19 vaccines and treatments. NIH is the largest source of funding for medical research in the world, creating hundreds of thousands of high-quality jobs.
News & Events
The pandemic provides a watershed moment for health emergency preparedness and for investment in critical 21st century public services. Transparency of information is another factor defining a delivery system. Access to information on conditions, treatments, quality, and pricing greatly affects the choice by patients/consumers and, therefore, the incentives of medical professionals.
Maternal & Child Health
Personal health depends partially on the active, passive, and assisted cues people observe and adopt about their own health. These include personal actions for preventing or minimizing the effects of a disease, usually a chronic condition, through integrative care. They also include personal hygiene practices to prevent infection and illness, such as bathing and washing hands with soap; brushing and flossing teeth; storing, preparing and handling food safely; and many others. Primary care medical services are provided by physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, or other health professionals who have first contact with a patient seeking medical treatment or care. These occur in physician offices, clinics, nursing homes, schools, home visits, and other places close to patients. About 90% of medical visits can be treated by the primary care provider.
High Value Care Forum
They have a key role to support the elaboration of evidence-based policies both at national and European levels. Find the latest Veterans health care news on VA at VAntage Point, the official blog of the U.S. The Veterans Health Administration is home to the United States’ largest integrated health care system consisting of 171 medical centers. Funding more health promotion and community activities to motivate and mobilise people across the country to get behind the smokefree goal and to sign-post support for people on their quit journey.