Moissanite Ring trends 2023
Moissanite rings have become an increasingly popular choice for engagement rings and other fine jewellery in recent years.
Here are 10 of the current trends associated with moissanite currently:
- Halo Settings: Halo settings, which feature a centre stone surrounded by a circle of smaller stones, are a popular choice for moissanite engagement rings. The halo of smaller stones can add sparkle and dimension to the ring, enhancing the beauty of the moissanite centre stone.
- Vintage-inspired Designs: Vintage-inspired moissanite rings are also on-trend, with many designs featuring intricate details such as filigree, milgrain, and engraving. These designs have a timeless, romantic feel and are well-suited for those seeking a classic and elegant look.
- Colored Moissanite: While colourless moissanite is the most popular choice for engagement rings, coloured moissanite is also gaining popularity. Coloured moissanite, including yellow, green, and pink, can add a unique and personalised touch to jewellery designs.
- Yellow Gold Bands: Yellow gold has been making a comeback in recent years, and it’s possible that we’ll see more moissanite rings featuring yellow gold bands in 2023. The warm, rich tone of yellow gold can provide a beautiful contrast to the brilliance of a moissanite stone.
Stacking Rings: Stacking rings, which allow wearers to mix and match multiple rings on one finger, are also popular for moissanite jewellery.
Stacking rings can be worn in a variety of combinations, allowing for endless possibilities and versatility in styling.
- Sustainable and Ethical Jewellery: With growing awareness of environmental and ethical issues associated with diamond mining, there is a trend towards sustainable and ethical jewellery options, including moissanite. Many consumers are choosing moissanite as a more sustainable and ethical alternative to traditional diamonds.
- Cost-effectiveness: Moissanite is significantly less expensive than diamonds, making it an attractive option for those on a budget or those who prefer to invest in other areas.
- Durability: Moissanite is a very durable gemstone, with a hardness of 9.25 on the Mohs scale (compared to a diamond’s 10). This makes it a great choice for engagement rings and other pieces of jewellery that will be worn every day.
- Beauty: Moissanite is a stunning gemstone with a high refractive index, meaning it has more sparkle and brilliance than diamonds. As consumers become more aware of this, they are likely to be drawn to moissanite’s beauty and unique appearance.
Overall, as awareness of moissanite grows and more people become interested in sustainable and ethical jewellery options, it is likely that moissanite will continue to gain popularity in the years to come.